Bamboo Splash Cloth Nappies & Inserts should be washed before being used for the first time. This helps to increase the the absorbency of the inserts. After about 3 washes the bamboo inserts will have achieved their full absorbency capacity. Hemp, cotton and coffee fleece inserts may need more washes to achieve their full absorbency.
Dirty Nappy Storage Steps:
1. Remove Nappy from baby, flush away disposable liner or rinse of fleece liner.
2. Remove inserts from pocket nappies.
3. Place nappies in wash / XL-wet bag / washing basket until wash day. Make sure to place nappies in a dry basket / wet bag where the nappies will get some air to breath, do not soak nappies in water until wash day, this will damage the nappies.
Nappy Washing Routine:
1. Nappies should be washed in cold water, below 40 degrees Celsius.
2. Do 1 rinse cycle followed by a spin cycle to rinse the nappies from urine build up.
3. After the rinse and spin cycles have been completed add your detergent and run a long cold wash cycle. NEVER USE FABRIC SOFTNER SUCH AS STAY SOFT OR 2-IN-1 DETERGENTS. Detergent pods such as Arial & Omo is NOT safe to use.
Always follow our nappy care and washing instructions. We know our nappies better than any nappy blogger and influencer. When in doubt about what to do, ask us at any time! We are here for you. Our nappies will last you a lot longer when following our instructions.
4. Drying nappies:
Once inserts come out of the washing machine pull them in their right form and size, this will help your inserts stay in a good condition.
Nappies and Inserts can be line-dried or tumble-dried. Should you choose to tumble dry your nappies, be sure to place the tumble dryer on low heat, medium-high heat will cause the PUL fabric on the outside to delaminate and the elastics could stretch.Should you choose to tumble dry your inserts place the tumble dryer on low-medium heat, do not tumble dry for more than 20 minutes. You may place a towel or dryer balls into the tumble dryer with your inserts to increase the drying time. Should the nappies still be wet after 20 minutes, let them dry on the line or in the sun. Although tumble drying will leave your nappies nice and soft, too much tumble drying may shorten the lifespan of your nappies, pocket nappies and covers will dry very fast on the line as the PUL is water resistant and the inside cloth is made to wick away moisture. All-in-One's and All-in-Two's will take a bit longer to line dry.We will always recommend you to line dry your nappies. Hang the nappies with the inside fabric facing the sun (color/printed outside should be facing away from the sun). The sun is an amazing source of stain remover and bacteria killer.
Do not leave nappy covers in direct sunlight, there is no lining to protect the PUL against the heat of the sun.
Tip: Hang the nappies horizontally to retain the stretch of the elastics.
Preparing my nappies:
Synthetic Fibers: A good rule of thumb is that synthetic fibers such as Microfiber, Polyester, PUL and Charcoal Bamboo Fleece only need one wash to reach it's full absorption capacity and is then ready for use.
Natural Fibers: Natural Fibers such as Cotton, Bamboo Fiber and Hemp needs several washes to reach its maximum absorption capacity.
Here is a quick suggestion guide to help you.
- PUL Pockets and Covers = 1 wash
- AIO = 2-3 washes
- Inserts = 3-5 washes